Orthodontics for Kids
What Age is Best to Start Treatment?
In accordance with the American Association of Orthodontists, we recommend that all children visit an orthodontist at age 7. While most children will not begin treatment this early, this allows Dr. Vaccariello to check for rare orthodontic problems that might require early treatment. Our practice is committed to the highest quality of orthodontic care in the most efficient manner possible. If Dr. Vaccariello does not think your child is ready for treatment, they will be placed on periodic observation visits at NO CHARGE until he or she is ready to begin treatment.
What Are Some of the Indications for Early Treatment?
- Jaw growth problems including underbite
- Habits such as thumb-sucking after age 5
- Difficulty eating or chewing
- Mouth breathing and excessive snoring
- Speech problems
- Missing or extra teeth
- Baby teeth that fall out too early or too late
- Protruding teeth (teeth that stick out)
- Bullying at school for teeth appearance
- Narrow upper jaw that cause shifting (crossbite)
- Very crowded front teeth